Remember my post earlier about how karma is a bitch and those who do the right things will be rewarded and those who do the wrong thing will get theirs in the end. Well he won't get his not for a while I suspect but Dave got his (cause he's amazing) and he is getting out 3 months earlier than we expected. Expect us in Utah at the end of April.
So in case you have not followed my blog very closely I am NOW the florist at Albertsons... I am pretty awesome at it. If you are my friend on facebook I posted a few pictures of some corsages and boutineers I made for the local high schools winter formal. My department usually turns a 400$ day and that friday I sold an 800 $ day which is doubling it. My manager is pleased and I was just happy to have that day over with. Now we are looking at Valentines day. The single most crazy day of the whole year for Floral Departments, AND our store is one of the bigger Albertsons and since we're a big store we gotta do everything big. We have the whole front end set up in pink and red hearts with tables lined up ready to make flower after flower arrangement. And that's not all we also do Chocolate Dipped strawberries fresh right in front of you. It's going to be ONE hectic weekend.
This week I was scheduled to work 9 hour days from wednesday to sunday and I assume monday is going to be another kind of those days. (It's great for the money I will receive) Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow is all set for prepping roses, and greenery, and filler, and a freaking LOT of bouquets. I am talking 12 or 13 shopping carts FULL of flowers sitting in freezers in various parts of the store already, and I guess that's only the HALF of it. (Ya I was freaking out a little too) But my store manager has been amazing through this holiday. He has made sure I have had the help I need and I really am not stressed about it at all. I am going to have so much help over the weekend that I feel confident that we will beat last Valentines sales goal.
There is this one lady who works with Albertsons and the balloon place we order balloons/helium/flower accessories/etc from. She helps out all the florists in all the stores from Riverside to San Clemente. She came in today to see how I was doing in this process. She looked at everything and asked a couple questions that I could answer right off the bat and I felt confident about what I was doing. I guess she had come into help me do things (cause she just spent the last hour or so helping the albertsons floral department down the street, the florist there has worked there over a year and she needed more help than I did) There was nothing she had to do or anything to suggest. I was on top of my game today. She loved how everything looked so much she took pictures of what we were doing and how things were set up so she could give examples to every other store. She told me how amazed that I had only been working there for 5 ish weeks and I already had more learned and finished than the girl who had over a years worth of experience. If my head wasn't already big enough...
I was very proud of my work today and I felt soooo happy that I am getting such positive feedback already. I know I do a good job but when others who have been doing this longer than I have take notice and pride in my work it really makes me feel special. Like all the hard work I put in is paying off. It's been such a great experience working there and I am going to miss it and all the amazing people I have met, but I am ready to move home already. (Too bad they don't have albertsons in spanish fork anymore.)
After my amazing day I came home to my cutest husband ever who had picked up the house clean and cooked my dinner. I live such a blessed life! He told me it's cause he couldn't watch television. (We are trying to save money before moving home so we took it off our plan) But I know he did it cause he loves me and wanted to show me it.
I couldn't ask for a better day and I know this weekend is going to be great but wishes of luck couldn't hurt either ;)

You are so cute Heather and quite an amazing young gal.....I love you and am proud of you! And so happy that you and Dave are heading home soon!
ReplyDeleteyay!! i'm glad he gets to get out early! that must be so nice! and good job at the florist stuff! i saw your pictures on facebook and they are way cute!!
ReplyDeleteYou rock Heather! That is so cool that you found something new that you are great at! Yay you! :) And I want to see more pics of your arrangements.
ReplyDeleteI'm so so so excited that you two will be back in April. We sorta miss ya sometimes.
Hooray for my little brother, cleaning the house and cooking! Way to go, Davey!
Hey pretty girl...i miss you!
ReplyDelete