December 27, 2010

Christmas Time

Christmas is now over and have we been enjoying ourselves out here in the freezing area known as home. Dave's parents and my own only live about 4 blocks away total and the rest of my family is mostly within driving distance so we did a LOT of party hopping but I better enjoy that cause we will be doing that for the rest of our lives. For Christmas I was most blessed because I had my husband home in the flesh, others are not so lucky. I realized that I don't ever have to loose him, he is never going away from me and that made my Christmas all the more special. So I cherished him and spoiled him with gun cleaning stuff. He spoiled me with clothes and games and a new tempurpedic pillow. If you don't have one you should really get one cause it's the most amazing thing I have ever used to sleep in my life. On Christmas eve we got all of Dave's family (the ones that were present) to play apples to apples. Seriously was the funnest night so far. Everyone was laughing and Dave said the most memorable quote of the night. ("You haven't seen twilight? Even I think he's tasty!") I guess you had to be there... We have been enjoying just about everything Utah has to offer...except the weather. I wish California's weather would have followed us. We had a major snow storm and school actually closed, I don't remember many snow days in my life but I remember driving my happy ass to school every morning even in the snow...so I was a bit jealous of the snow day.
Dave and I were spoiled by all the family gifts to us, I think his favorites are the gift cards from sportsmans or the Cableas shooting game for Wii. Darwin got a Christmas Dinner of turkey and he was happy with just that.
We have a little over a week left in Utah and we're gonna miss it, but the way things are going we might be back before you know it! Let me explain why. So Dave is supposed to be done with his 4 year term in the Marine Corps in August, and the Marines like all work places do sometimes overly accepted too many new Marines and they want to get some of the guys not staying in out early, so the only rules about that is you have to be accepted to a college. Well say hello to the newest college acceptante for Utah state university. He has done almost everything to get ready to go to school next fall. He's been accepted and talked to the VA (veterans assistance) and we know almost everything we can about using his GI bill and getting going on our new life together. I can't say we both aren't a little afraid of that next step cause it will be a completely new lifestyle, Dave won't be working anymore just full time school. We are deciding to move back in with my Parents for that because it would be hard for me to be making the money, since I want to go to school too we figured we will be living with them to help us out. (I think my mom is pretty excited for that) I will be going to cosmotologist school and finally doing what I have always wanted to do. We have a lot of good things coming our way, just gotta wait to get out of the Marines, once and for all!

I will try and keep this updated more often!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment