December 29, 2010

One of those nights

I can't sleep. I want to say it's one of those nights but it's not as it used to be. I used to not be able to sleep on account of I was stressed with worry over my husbands saftey. Now that he is safe in bed fast asleep my mind turns to our future...where do we go from here? School? Yes. House? Few years or so. Kids? Same as the house. It's like re-do, we had our I guess you could call it fun? (most parts were for sure NOT fun) Now that he's home we can have fun I guess. Being home has been nice, it's weird to have a husband who is home for more than a couple months at a time. I often joked at what it would be like to have a husband around all the time, now I finally will get to experience it.
So while in my sleepless slumber tonight I got to thinking how I managed with all the stupid questions I was asked... in particular the comments that they maybe ment well but in my mind it wasn't something to say to me in my state of mind. If you followed my blog through deployment I had one big incident where I blocked my blog for a while and going back on that I know that this girl who commented had NOOOOO idea what it was like and was trying to add her two cents where they needent be added. I still find myself pissed off with her. If she had known the dangers she (maybe) would have kept her comment to herself? I didn't really understand what it was like until I heard, well all the stories I needed to hear. (Like what bullets sound like passing by your head) I know what you are thinking... scary. Not something you want to hear your Spouse went through. So tonight for all of those who don't think the war going on is "that bad," Don't kid yourself. it's bad and if you think others have it bad think of those out there on the front lines who's only wish is to get all their "brothers" home safely. This new year I will be finding different units that are an Infantry units to send care packages to. I will never be able to express the gratitute for those fighting and for those who died for our freedom. Especially to Larry D who my husband fought with and died carrying a wounded marines out of harms way. I know you are deeply loved by your wife and my dear friend Stacia, and missed by many many more. Freedom is not free.
Count your blessings and never cross a US Infantry Marine's wife going through a deployment again.

1 comment: