September 11, 2010
I am gonna get sappy...
I dunno if it is due to "Aunt Flo's" visit... which I think is almost weekly lately (sorry for the information) but I get all choked up about almost everything military/patriotic/or husband related. Seriously I watched the video of him "Cawing" and I started leaking. [The video is funny to watch but here's the story on how it got started...I told him while driving to the PX one day that I really HATE those damn crows that are all over the place in California... He asked why I said I hate how they Caw they are the ugliest bird and the sound they make is ugly. So he did it while we were still driving I laughed at first and told him to never do that in public cause I would walk the other direction cause I would not be seen with him if he did it. So while leaving the PX he did it and LOUD! I just stopped and let him keep walking... and he thought he was SO funny! I hated it. Today... I wish I could hear him do it again cause I miss him doing it more than he knows... don't tell him though I gotta convince him I still hate it.]
Back to gushing over my Husband... I have ALWAYS found him attractive since the day I started "dating" Or whatever you call 8th graders "going out." The downer part of being in 8th grade is we were a little inexperienced in kissing and such and he was too scared to kiss me. I broke up with him soon after. I feel bad that I was trying to rush him now but at the time a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do hahaha. The next year Dave got way too cool for me... probably cause he worked out and got buff and sexy. I moved on, like I said I always found him sexy...but I had different friends and was led down a different path than he went. Our paths crossed again in 11th Grade German class. I had just got out of my year long relationship to a big freaking loser and he was dealing with stuff I knew nothing about. After his relationship with his stupid ex girlfriend ended I got back in touch with him... spending every night on his couch snuggling up to him watching "Anchorman" or "Austin Powers" I think we watched those so many times that I could recite every word. We only re watched them so we could make out anyways [YES he gave in and finally kissed me.] I guess I would say things were good... I was still young and very immature... and the STUPID ex came back into the picture... I say stupid lightly cause it goes way beyond that. He told me that Dave was just using me for my body and that I wasn't really worth his time anyways... one thing led to another and Dave and I were back to being just friends while I tried out more mistakes. Dave was always my friend and he tells me to this day he was crushed when I told him I was going back to my ex but he knew deep down that we weren't finished... there was more future something between him and I. I always hoped so but I dunno why he would even want to be around me after what I did to him. After I wised up and left Ex number 1 mistake... I went on to make a few more. I dated mistake number 2.. for all the wrong reasons. I was bored and he was just... convenient I know that is aweful to say cause I spent a year or so on and off with him but seriously it wasn't anything more than I used hiim to curb my boredom. Dave joined the Marine Corps soon after I graduated and I promised to write to him if he would write back. He did I still have the letters to this day... they sounded so serious. I wondered what happened to my fun loving anchorman watching Davey. When he came home things didn't fit back into place that I thought they would so I went on to make more mistakes. But I kept in contact through Myspace or Messengers of the time. A year and a half or so passed and I was thinking of that cute Dave kid again and asked him how he was and if I would ever see him again. He was stationed at Camp Pendleton at the time and him not living there I assumed he would come home and we could hang out. He said he was home and wanted to see me. I spent 4th of July with him and his family and spent the rest of his pre-deployment leave together. I was sad to hear he was leaving for 7 long months. I was thinking geez that's the worst thing ever, I want to be with him and he is leaving. So he got back to California and I was talking to him on Myspace... I told him I want to be with him and I want to wait for him to come home... to say the least I don't think he had much faith in me waiting for 7 months... I was dead serious though and he seemed to like the idea too. 7 months later he was home and I spent almost every day for 3 weeks together, and when he had to go back to Camp Pendleton I decided that just wasn't going to work for me. We talked about the idea of marriage and we were both so happy together that it was it... a month later I flew to see him he proposed the month after that we were married the month after that He came out for a reception and the month after that I moved to be with him as long as I could before this next deployment. I knew going into this marriage I would see another deployment.... knowing it would be difficult I did it willingly anyways. It's been worth it the entire time. He truly makes me the happiest girl with just one phone call a week. I only have a few more months until I can start my real life with my real husband. I am counting down the days until I can just hold him again. To see his face right now would literally be the BEST thing in the entire world. I would give up about everything to just see his face. To hear one more "caw" would sound like music to my ears. To trip over a pair of boots left in the middle of the floor would make me smile ear to ear. To roll over and give my husband a kiss goodnight would be unbelievably wonderful. To pick up the phone and call him whenever I wanted would make me the happiest girl in the world.
I want to express my love to him in all the words imaginable but I only know so many... so I will just say I love him with every fiber of my being. This marriage has truly shown me what true love is and how a man and a woman should act and be treated in a relationship. The love that I have for him makes it so I want to make him happy and have me come second. I do everything in my power to make his life a little easier, because I love to see his happiness. I would do anything to make his life easier over there.... there is only so much I can do and fit into one standard shipping box. But I just wanted everyone to know that I am so lucky and blessed to have this man in my life. I thank god every day for bringing us together so that we could find this strong love and bond and happiness that we both feel every day. My life is good because he is in it. I am counting down the days until I kiss his face again. Until then I am remaining faithful and fufilling my military wifely duties by taking care of things at home paying bills and saving money. Making many care packages full of things he will need and want, writing letter after letter of how much I miss him and to be safe. I am staying FAITHFUL like any wife should of a deployed spouse. I am living my life as a Marine Corps wife... and I stand behind my man 110 percent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







That is so sweet hey hea! I love that you guys are so in love! :)
ReplyDeleteI have always thought it was cool that you guys were together for such a long time! I am glad you write like me. Open and honest. We need more bloggers like us! :) And, your husband is doing a great thing! We pray for the service men daily! I have a brother in law in the air force and a brother in law in the army. It's tough stuff. But you are tough Heather! You can do it!
ReplyDelete