I met Stacia and Larry for the first time before they were to deploy. I had a connection with Stacia. We stayed good friends and would talk all the time over facebook. To hear she lost her Husband. Her Love. Her other half. It's heart breaking, tear jerking, and down right unfair. I didn't know Larry as much as I could have but I know he was a good man. He died carrying a wounded Marine to saftey. He died a true hero. A good man.
I am flying out to Denver to be with Stacia and a few fellow Marine wives to help her and to say goodbye to Larry Donell Harris Jr. I don't know when I will be back but I know I need to be there.
I got a phone call tonight. If you only understood how beautiful it was to hear his sweet voice. How sincere he sounded when he said "we're all staying as safe as we can be." How amazing it was to hear him say "I miss you every day and you are the one person I think about the most and how amazing it will be to be back with you." How he made me teary eyed when he said "I love you more." The sound of his laughter brought his face to my mind. How I pictured him laughing. How he sounds different but the same. How he know's me better than I know myself. When he knows that this phone call is going to make all the difference in getting through this next week. He's perfect and I can honestly tell you I have found a good love, a true and honest love. I couldn't ask for a better spouse or man or husband in my life. He is my rock and my everything. He is a good man, a hero, a great son, an amazing son-in-law, a wonderful brother, and uncle. He will one day be the father of our children and I couldn't be more excited for that day to come.
Pray. Pray for him and for all of the Thundering Third. Pray that every man and women there come home safely from here on out. Pray for the families who have lost loved ones. Because these are not just a number in a war... they are Husbands, friends, fathers, brothers, uncles, and sons. They need our support more than ever. And you should put down that "people"magazine and quit obessing over celebrities. Pray for me.


you were right!! tear jerker! stacia and the rest of larry's family will be in my prayers for sure!! and yay for phone calls!!
ReplyDeleteYou're both in my prayers. Tell him thanks for the rest of us.
ReplyDeleteYou are all in my prayers daily. You are all very strong women and very blessed to have each other during this time. Have a safe trip to Denver, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
ReplyDeletebeautiful post. I am so sad to hear such awful news. I am glad you are able to go be with them in denver...my prays are with you and your friends. keep it up, you are such an amazing example to me.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for all of you as well! I am so sorry to hear this news. You are so great heather and I really look up to you! Stay strong. I love you!
ReplyDelete