The battle cross memorial for U.S. Marine Corps Sgt. John Rankel with 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team 7, who was killed in action in Garmsir, Afghanistan on June 17, 2010.
This picture only is one of the several Angles that our unit has. I feel people have forgotten that there is a war going on because no one ever talks about it. Unless of course you know me and that's all I have my mind on. These pictures aren't just troops. They were brothers, Our marines loose a huge asset for this deployment when this happens. These men are not just a growing number in a war. These men were marines, fathers, sons, brothers, uncles, husbands. They had a name and face. They gave the ultimate sacrafice for their country. And unless you know someone in the military or you have talked to me in the last... 2 months, you don't really hear about these Angles.
June 7, 2010, marked the 104th month of US military engagement in Afghanistan, making it the longest war in the history of the United States (American involvement in the Vietnam War lasted 103 months). Is that not crazy to you? 104 months... is now the longest war in American history. I feel people were rallied together when the September 11th bombing happened, but the initial shock of it wore of and people who weren't affected by September 11th moved on. It's not forgotten I know but be honest when you go to bed at night do you think about it? The lives of people we lost, the families who suffer now? All because of the Taliban. I don't like the war but I know they have to be there. I don't like that our troops are in a line of fire but I pray for all their saftey every night before bed...along with my own Husbands.
We are American and we stand behind our troops. Don't forget. To the fallen Marines, Soldiers, Airman, and Sailors. You are not forgotten. We fight in your honor. We will come out victorious because that is what we do. If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in english, thank a Marine.
Please say a prayer for all our troops over in Afghanistan right now. God is listening.



I pray everyday!!
ReplyDelete