July 19, 2010

Operation Sexy

So this is a warning... if you don't want to hear about me complaining about my weight you should just stop reading right now. For those who are nosy and want to read on don't comment and say "you are skinny and this is crazy." and Thank you in advance.
I don't think I am fat but I have for sure put on weight since getting married. I wasn't all too happy with my weight before I got married. I liked my weight while I was still in high school. About 125 to 130. Fluctuating. I am now a painful 165 to 170. My short body is not cute at that weight. Now I know I shouldn't worry as much about weight as to body fat but right now I feel my whole body is fat. I have wanted to loose weight since before I got married and when Dave left I told myself I was going to loose 20 to 30 lbs. Now we are almost half way through this deployment and I am running out of time. Now I am not doing this for Dave. I want to do this for me. I am not happy with my weight. I have gone a size up in my clothes and I don't fit into any of my old jeans, I don't want to go out swimming... and I also don't fit into my old swim suits either. I want to look good for me. I hate feeling like this. I want to be comfortable in my own skin again. So hense Operation Sexy. I have 4 months until my Honey gets home and I want to lose 30 lbs in that time frame. I think I can do it if I really put my mind to it. BUT that is the issue. I lack a certain motivation.... or maybe it's because food sounds so much better than eating lettuce and water. BUT I don't want it to get to a month away from Dave's homecoming and saying 'oh shit I gained 10 lbs.' It is not what I want. SOOOOO Here it goes. I am going to write down what I will be doing from now until he get's home. If I don't loose all the weight I want well I can always work out with Dave when he gets home. He won't mind going hiking in the morning or working out with me, but I at least want to loose 20 lbs. So here it goes

  • A set bed time. I think me staying up all night eating then waking up at noon to eat a big lunch isn't really workin out for me. I am going to set a bed time of 10 or if I am working bed time of 11 or as soon as I get home. No more staying up on the computer all night....like I am doing now... oops. I will start tomorrow.
  • BREAKFAST! I always wake up late resulting in no breakfast and then I am so hungry for lunch that I eat much more. I will eat fruit or oatmeal. (holding off on carbs like toast.)
  • NO SUGAR SWEETS. No candy, no cake, no cookies, no ice cream. Until after I found an apartment. Which is 2 months of none of the above. 
  • Walking, running, weight lifting, etc for 30 minutes for 4 or 5 times a week. 
  • A full glass of water before I eat, and water throughout the day. Sometimes when you are dehydrated your body tells you you are hungry so you can get the water from the food. Also I will feel fuller faster than eating a full meal then trying to drink water. So constant drinking of water
  • NO alcohol, soda, caffine, sugar drinks, coffee. JUST WATER until he gets home.
  • More green leafy veggies.
  • MULTIVITAMIN 
As of now that is all I got. I am sure I will make up more awesome rules while I go along but I will be doing this and I will be loosing 20 lbs. Maybe once I reached my goal I will post pictures of a before and after....maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Heather! YOU CAN DO IT!

    I pretty much did the same thing through mine and Lucas' first deployment. Something about having a long distance relationship really makes you pack on the LBs. Maybe it's because Lucas lived on base and we constantly ate fast food every meal. Who knows. Either way, I gained a good 35lbs...Also not cute on my SUPER short body.

    After Lucas left for deployment in '08, I decided I needed to do something. It was very hard emotionally to deal with the weight gain because I've always been between 90-100lbs my entire life. I really used the deployment to my advantage because Lucas wasn't around to persuade me to eat bad foods anymore (God knows how he stays in such good shape the way he eats!). I worked out twice a day and cut out all carbs except on weekends. The first month into the deployment I was able to lose 25lbs and by the end of third month I had a total weight lost of 47lbs.

    I still think you have time to work on your goals. If you ever need motivation or just have any questions, I'd be more than glad to help!

    Good luck, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol here's how my mom said it... if he can do it, with all of his gear on, sweating, getting shot at, and protecting our country... I can do it for 30-60 mins a day in an air conditioned basement with no heavy gear and nothing being shot at me. It's helped me a lot. Lol oh and the fact my husband looks SO much better than me! He made me a work out sheet :) I can give you a copy if you want it. SUPER easy! Oh and the Jillian Michael's 30-day shred is AWESOME!! Beware to cuss and hurt though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am running about 3 miles a day and then weight training and riding my bike everywhere in town and cutting carbs except on weekends and no sugar treats... that's my new plan for now lol

    ReplyDelete