May 9, 2010

Oklahoma

I decided today when one of my best good friends texted me saying I miss you that I was going to go see her. I usually would just drive over to see her on account of she is one of my bestest Marine Wifey friends and her husband and my husband are in the same everything so they are gone at the same time. Well this wasn't a problem for the times they were gone for a month we just had each other to go be with, get ice cream, ya know whatever I feel like doing because my Honey isn't at home to occupy my time. Now we're at this 7 month long deployment and I and Sarah and Michelle are now all living in very different places than each other. I am not complaining I am happy to be with my family and saving Davey and I some cash money that he is working SO SO hard for! But I wish I had the girls I started this journey with to catch me when I fall and to be there when I am sad and to know what I am going through when nobody else does. Sarah is in Oklahoma and Michelle stayed in California. I miss them second place to my Hubby. That's kind of a big deal ( PS family you are exempt since I am here and you aren't far away to miss) So Sarah and I are going to see each other real soon.. June 16 to be exact as long as my job is cool with it. Which also crosses ONE of the two part item on my list of things to do before Dave is done with Marine Corps for good. (visit 2 different states) Well I dont know if it counts but I will probably have a layover in Denver so if I don't make it to another state it'll count as two. I now have something much closer to countdown to that will make this long time of a deployment go by quicker if I have things to count down to that are smaller.
On that note Dave is good sounds pretty upbeat. I don't get to talk often but when I do it lights up my whole day. Regardless of the time of the phone call. He makes me so so happy and to hear his voice is such an amazing feeling. I am thankful I have someone to miss and to love, and I am already thinking about homecoming and how amazing it will feel to be back in my marine's arms and know we are going to embark on a whole different adventure. Have I mentioned I miss him? Okay well YES I DO! He has not gotten any mail yet but I am sure it should get there within the next two weeks. Also I am almost to 3 weeks down, which I guess means time is going fairly quickly. I know one day I will look back on this and remember how time flew by...right now I don't feel like it is, but after this month is over I think it will help.
Ps I miss my Hubby

1 comment:

  1. woot woot! im soooo excited for you to come to Okie!! ur gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete