May 12, 2010

Celebrities are people too.....

So after my latest email from our FRO I was in utter disbelief. If you have not already heard... there have been casualties... it really struck a cord on my heart and I think my stomach dropped out of my butthole. I am scared... and for all you you turds reading this I need your prayers. Please pray for our troops safe returns... Pray for Dave for him to come home... to have the strength for all the troops to have the strength to get through this. This is by far one of the worst things to ever happen and I saw those boys get on the bus, kiss their wives goodbye and I know there will be two less there for the homecoming. My heart goes out to the familes of our fallen marines and I pray for their strength and saftey.
So since then, I realized something. America stresses over celebrities like they are best friends with them and are so upset when they die. Where do our troops come in? Unless you are personally linked to a military man or woman how many people really take the time out of their day to appreciate and grieve military and their family for those who have passed.... hmm I thought so. I know before Dave told me he joined it was one of the farthest things from my mind... and I regret that. Because we live in a country that is free... that we have choices and people have opinions here. So instead of grieveing over a celebrity that you have never met grieve with me our fallen troops. Thank them when you see one. Appeciate what our nation is because of them. And pleeeeeaase keep Dave in your thoughts and prayers. Don't consider the troops just anothernumber of casualties... the men there have families and they have wives and kids. They have faces they aren't just another number. Just because they signed up for this doesnt mean you should point that out. They signed up for it to be something bigger than themselves or bigger than the town they grew up in and to point that out is just selfish and rude. He signed up for it so now there won't be a draft.

2 comments:

  1. You make such good points here! I love you Heather! You and Dave are in my prayers and thoughts always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister. I almost cried reading this because it is SO true, it's sad that now days celebrities lives are more important in the media that men and women sacrificing their lives for all of us.

    ReplyDelete