October 22, 2013

Quick update

I always blog stalk and wait for my friends to post new updates but then I NEVER update my own blog, so I guess I will do a quick update so my friends will post and I can read all about their lives.

Dave is going to school and has 2 more years left. I wish it was 2 more minutes because I hate being a broke college student but hey we won't have mountains of debt when he is done so thank you Marine Corps. He is still wanting to do stuff with the water department for the city. We shall see two years is a long time.
I am working for a new salon called The Retreat in Springville. I LOVE it! It's literally a night and day difference from the old job. I am already way busier. BUT I would love to be way more busier so if you are reading this send your friends my way because I would simply love to have more friends visit me! I am also doing Gel polish on nails and Pedicures with Gel as well. The best part is Gel polish should last 2-3 weeks, Mine lasts about half way through 2 and 3 weeks but we can guarantee that it will stay on for the full week.
My salon did something really amazing tonight, every year they hold a cut a thon and donate all the money we make to usually something related to finding a cure for cancer but this year we donated all the money towards Believe in Bre. Click here to read and donate. It was a great success and it's amazing to do something for someone in the community and to see how other small business come together for something like this. There were a lot of donations for us to raffle off and we donated the whole days business towards this cause. I heard we did over 2 thousand dollars to donate to her and that is just an AMAZING number to see especially when our haircuts for the day were only 10$ a piece, and the raffle tickets were 1 dollar to win.
I know this is a small update but it's something. Here's some pictures of the last few weeks.

2 comments: