 |
| Mommy and I |
Yesterday was a not so good day. I won't go into much detail about it...but I made a LOT of Discoveries. At Paul Mitchell we don't make mistakes but discoveries, but last night I felt like one big awful no good mistake and I was really upset with myself. I didn't know who I could talk to who would understand hair at that hour but I texted Haley anyways. She said some really nice things and made me able to sleep that night. Well I was determined to go to school and go about my day like I am fine, I was okay until Haley and Brittany asked me what happened and cue the water works. I didn't realize what they thought of me though and the things they said to me made me feel so much better about myself. What happened the other day wasn't much my fault but a product fault, and anyways it was an all day process that was time consuming and tiring. I was disappointed with myself for not doing the job I thought I was capable of and they lifted me up with their words of encourage ment and just being there for me to listen to me in the bathroom (haha) Next person I saw was my Mommy since I was doing her hair and AGAIN with the water works, You know that one person that you are trying to hide your emotions from and as soon as you see them you just burst into hysterics...ya that was me... reallllly cute. But I calmed down and did her hair, while I was applying the color my cute learning leader Lyndsey brought me some munchies and a kit kat and said to me I am sorry I hope you feel better. SOOO amazingly sweet! It made me cry a little at how sweet someone can be. And my sweet friend Sarah talked me from the ledge (Not really a ledge but I was sprinkling a bit) and helped me realize that there was nothing I could do and I can either grow from it or dwell on what happened. I realize that I did learn a lot from the process I did yesterday and yes I still feel sad like I didn't do enough, but I learned a lot and I am glad I had that now instead of in a salon, where it is just on my head. So thank you to everyone who said something great about me today, it boosted me back up from a very low, low. I am happy I have all these people in my life. Paul Mitchell has done so much for me already but I also got some amazing friends that I get to know and help lift me up when I am down. So thank you again I love you all!!
 |
| Me, Haley, and Brittany |
 |
| Sarah, Lyndsey, and I (Kind of blurry but the only one I have them both in ) |
Aw, Heather! You amaze me! I think one of the hardest things about costmetology school would be having to learn and practice on real people. Hair is unpredictable, especially if people have put weird products in it! I think it takes a lot of courage to do what you do. I'm so proud of you for keeping your chin up through a tough time, & yes, it's fine to cry about it! And how great that you have friends to turn to who understand. I hope Dave was there for you too (even though he doesn't get hair stuff...) Love ya Heather!
ReplyDeleteyou're amazing heather, we all have those days as hair stylists, and we learn from each and every one of them!
ReplyDelete