So I haven't blogged since I started school because I have been BUSY! And that is an understatement. The school is amazing and I love all the people there but it stresses me out, because I want to be the best and I am not. Here's how the structure works. You first start in Core, which is an overview of EVERYTHING in a matter of 4-5 weeks. Then a test then a haircut. Then you are in Protoge which is an assistance job kind of helping others out on the floor and learning of course. Then you are in Phase 1 and then phase 2. I know that I will have 2000 hours to learn and perfect everything but I just want to do my best now. Learning is much more difficult, but I love it, I love hair and I love everything I am learning I am just grateful I have 2000 more hours to go til I know everything they can teach me.
I did my first haircut, if you want to see it check my facebook page. I also got to assist on a "film." In school they have teams such as (production team, design team, student council.) Production team was doing hair and make up for a film students film to get into film school. It was an amazing experience and I got a feel of what it would be like in a real life production, just on a smaller scale. I also won a drawing that the school had for fundraising. I got a basket full of product, a hairstraitner, giftcards, headbands, sunglasses, keychains, lip stick. It was a pretty cool basket.
Dave and I are good, I am just getting situated to waking up before him every morning, even though I don't wake up that early it's still earlier to me than I was waking up before school. It's hard to wake up when Dave get's to stay in bed for as long as he wants. I am just glad he starts school soon and will have to wake up early again too. I dunno how he did it when we were in the Marines. I got to sleep in while he woke up around 3-4 in the AM. I would be mad at me every day when I woke up that early, but good thing he loves me.
Also my first haircut is coming up! (yikes!) I have learned some basic cuts and shapes and layers but they are not that pretty. (Like I said thank god I get 2000 more hours to learn all this) But I think my dad is willing to be my model and he's a good sport, if I botch it up too badly I can take it up, but I think my mom would be madder than my dad would. She loves his longer locks. That will be on the 30th and my mom is being my model for color on the 29th. It's not real color I am putting into her hair. I am just practicing the technique of putting color into the hair cause there are many different color applications, but we're just putting conditioner into her hair and faking it. I don't start coloring anyones hair until protoge. I will also eventually need some models, I know a few people but I need my options open in case I need someone with longer or shorter hair.
Also Darwin is good :) We love him! He got a harness so he can go outside and "play" but can't get far. I don't trust my kitty outside.
That's really all for now! I'll blog more and post pictures I have soon

WOO HOO! So good to read about what you're doing in school! I would be frustrated with the slow learning process too, but you will be done before you know it.
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously, I need a trim soon and you are welcome to play with my color. Let me know! I'm not overly picky about my hair so I'm a good person to learn on, LOL!
Love ya girly. :)