So as most of you know we had a Marine Corps Dine out where it was a semi formal event and you have to dress up for it, and the weekend after that was one of my best friends wedding and that was a formal event as well. I didn't want to wear two of the same dresses and I found this great website called "Rent the Runway " I spent hours looking through every dress and sent a million pictures to my friend Sarah, and FINALLY I found one that I liked that I could rent for the next two weekends for 200 bucks total. So I had them send them out the day before my event so I may wear them and that Monday I could send them right back. (Brilliant concept) However the weekend of the dine out it was anything BUT brilliant. The day they sent out my first dress for the first weekend they gave me a UPS tracking number and I followed it like a hawk. I was so excited to try it on, I even had spent the WHOLE day looking at dresses with Sarah and kept telling her how excited I was for this dress.The day before the dine out came and went and I was still dressless, the ups tracking number said it went back to the store (after leaving Aliso Viejo this morning) I was pretty worked up over it but I had confidence that they would be open so I may go get my package because who ISN'T open on a Saturday? Turns out that UPS store is NOT open on Saturday. I received a refund for that dress and I ran out and bought a new one which I love even more. I almost canceled the dress coming for the weekend after for the wedding, but they assured me that A: it would get there the day before B: Would fit like a glove. It came on time that was nice, but when I tried it on all I could do was laugh to keep from crying, it suuuuuuuuure as hell did NOT fit... well maybe it did I mean it zipped up but you could see every roll on my body even when I sucked in. It was not flattering... I was going to wear it anyways but Dave finally said that it wasn't a good idea (Thanks sweet husband, because if he would have let me gone out in that I would have probably killed myself after all the pictures we took.) I called back the Rent the runway and said it does not fit and I am sending it back today. "Okay so sorry about that we will issue you your full refund right away, just get it in the mail before noon." Not a problem. When I got to the post office I handed her the pre-posted package and said I was short on money. The company didn't put the right weight and I ended up having to pay 3 dollars. Okay ya know 3 dollars isn't a lot but when you are a company you should consider how much something weighes before paying for the pre-posted mail. I was fuming to say the least.
Well a week after all this happens I still don't see my "refund" the lady had said would come back to me. I called yesterday and asked what gives. The lady said "Yes I see that you had sent it back and we are refunding you a credited amount to your "rent the runway" account." Ummmmmmmm excuse me? I was told I would be receiving my refund back into my bank account NOT to buy more stupid dresses that I can't wear or they don't get to me on time! In fact I can't think of a time I will EVER rent another dress again. Espeically from there. So here I am with a 50% off coupon for the first weekend they didn't send it on time and 155.00 cash floating around on a website that loans dresses that don't fit my body type. I don't know what to do. I want to call back customer service and explain that I was TOLD I would be getting a cash refund and need it to pay for school, and moving, and rent, and everything else in life that doesn't include dressing up. Explaining to them my husband has just done 4 years of active duty in the infantry of the United States Marine Corps and that we will have NO money when we get out and have to find out way home and that money could sure do us a LOT of good.
In other words I hope someone does something really fancy over the next year so I can dress up using my 50% off coupon and the 155.00$ on Rent the Runway.....bleh.

That STINKS!! I would call customer service again and explain (as nicely as possible) They should back up what they said they were going to do!! I'm sorry Hea :(
ReplyDeleteWhat a pain in the ass! Geez! I think you and Dave should like INVENT a reason to dress up nice again...you know, make him take you out to a really nice restraunt some night or something...? I don't know, I'm just grasping at straws for something to say. But seriously, that super sucks!
ReplyDeleteI want to see pictures!
that stinks! i was thinking of using rent the runway but now i definitely wont!
ReplyDelete