The title alone says 1000 words but in short...He's HOME!!! I get to kiss his face instead of sending them to the moon. I can call his phone or just roll over in bed and look at him. There's no more maybe in our future. It's a bright and ready future just awaiting us ahead. He has all his body parts... I had to check them all out head to toe and he is happy to be home and I wouldn't have him anywhere else. I thank God every day for returning him to me safely and I catch myself just staring at him...amazed really. Blessed to say the least. I am so overwhelmed with happiness that I am sure it'll never fade.True to what I said earlier it was by far THE best day of my young life. Not many can experience the pure joy of seeing your husbands face after a seven month deployment. A difficult and frightening deployment at that. Now I will never be done gushing over how amazed and happy and how incredibly blessed I am....but I know you all wanna know how everything went...soooo here it goes...
The night before he got home I was still in denial... like the Marine Corps was actually playing a trick on me... that he isn't really coming home... that I'll be alone in this apartment forever. So I slept great surprisingly...I got up relaxed and just did nothing until about 5:00 pm..when I decided he had to have landed in the United States by now...that's when the butterflies hit. I was hopping off the walls so I had to leave... went to Sarah's to calm myself...cause she is generally the calm one of the bunch...or she puts on a good front about it. We kept getting random times on when they were supposed to be home... we were all confused so we all showed up at 9:30 to say the least we were there for QUITE a while. Didn't kill my mood...just intensified it. They were dropped off at the Armory to turn in weapons and then march to where we are, and when we heard they were in formation we got into a good spot to identify those coming in. Glad we were where we were. We watched a couple marines who were injured and sent home early due to injuries come in first and we clapped... once a Marine always a Marine. They're all hero's in my eyes. Then we saw them marching in. The anticipation vanished and was replaced by pure joy and excitement. I knew then and there that the wait was over and I had indeed done what most women cannot do. I watched them all march in and I only had eyes for my Marine, I looked through the crowd and when I spotted him my heart melted, I shed a few tears of pure happiness. I guess he saw me too cause there was no walking through the crowd to find him, he knew where I was and I knew where he was. No one else mattered at this point I walked strait forward and wrapped my arms around my Husband for the first time in almost 30 weeks. I never wanted to let go, I think an explosion could have gone off behind us and we wouldn't have noticed... (he might but it's just a Marine thing) I was over the moon happy. When he was ready to get his gear and get the hell out of there I just needed a few more seconds holding him close to me. Smiles from ear to ear for the both of us. We found his bags quickly and threw them in the car and I got to hold his hand the whole drive home. I was just thankful to have him home again I know everyone else is too.
Thank you to those who helped me this deployment, the prayers and support was much needed. We will be seeing family soon and our momma's are coming out to visit this coming up weekend to see their favorite son and son in law for the first time in seven months. I will worry about cleaning up for them later, for now I am going to look around the room with the dirty pack on the floor the pants laid over the chair and the cover on the sofa, and the boots laying in the middle of the floor as the best thing that could ever happen to me. My Marine is home, and he won't ever be leaving again, even if I have to gorilla glue his feet to the floor which he knows I am very capable of.
Anyways enjoy the pictures my Friend Michelle Fay took. Glad she was there to capture this very precious moment for me.
 |
| He's soooo tiny!!! Finally saw his face |
 |
| First reaction to seeing his face |
 |
| Best hug in the world |
 |
| No more kisses to the moon |
 |
| Seriously so Blessed |
 |
| Let me just feel your face a little |
 |
| Together at last!!! |
I also want to point out this is my 100th post on this blog. I thought that was a good sign, so I left this post until he was home to talk about. He is currently asleep... and I have just stared at him for a good 5 minutes just to hear him breathing, just to see him laying in our bed. To hold his hand while walking around. I will leave it at that.
I'm so glad that he is home and our prayers were answered !! You are both so very special to your dad and I. We love you both.
ReplyDeleteThis is so amazing, Heather! I'm thrilled for you!!
ReplyDeleteThis made me cry. I am so happy for you. You both are my heros, thank Dave for serving our country and thank you for letting him go. I can't imagine how hard it was, but so glad it is over and you get to finally live normal life.
ReplyDeleteyay!! i am so happy for you!! reading that definitely brought tears to my eyes!!
ReplyDeleteOh my Heather!! You gave me butterflies! You guys are for sure very strong people! You truly inspire me big time. Thank you so much for posting about things. I love to read about your cute life and I am so happy that your long await is over!! :) now you just get to make up for all the "sexy time" you missed out on for those seven months!! Woohoo! Thanks both of you for doing what you did for our freedom!
ReplyDeleteYou are so amazing & I'm so happy that you've made it and your Dave is home. Seeing you go through yours gives me hope as mine continues to pass by. Enjoy your husband!! You deserve it :]
ReplyDeleteHappy for you. Always tears me up when I read stories about homecoming. Enjoy! :)
ReplyDeleteI couldn't be happier that he is home safe to you, Heather! Can't wait to see you both in a few weeks! Love ya! xoxxxoo
ReplyDelete