October 23, 2010

Wedding Ring


I can think of no better explanation. When I chose to get married as young as I was I knew the choice, I knew that it would be difficult to be married, especially to a man in the Marine Corps. I took on all of my vows from that day forward, and never looked back. Now that only a few weeks seperates me from the rest of my life, I find it easier to be thankful for this deployment. I hate it in every sense of the word so don't get me wrong, but weather I wanted it or not it made me grow. I have learned patients even though I didn't want it, I learned the value of friendship and how close knit Military spouses and families can grow. I learned the value of life and death, and that FREEDOM is far from FREE. The power of prayer is amazing, even if you don't always get what you are asking for, it's for a purpose and whether you find that out now or 20 years from now it'll be beneficial to your life. I learned to not take any moment for granted. If I could take snap shots from my eyes I would because these eye's have seen enough sorrow for one 7 month deployment. They have seen more love and friendship in one room than my entire life span. They have seen happiness at its peak, and anger and frustration. 
My hope from this point on is to take what these last 7 months have taught me and remember them in the rest of my life. There are times where I will want to scream, cry, laugh, smile, whine, and bitch, but as long as I remember who I am and what I have gone through to get here... than I think I'll be good. 

Take some time out today to tell the people you love how much they mean to you. No need for a special occasion to do so. Just let them know. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you and Dave!! You both mean so very very much to me.

    ReplyDelete