So I joined a group on facebook called Dear Deployment I hate you... to be honest I really only joined cause I LOVE to see what girls whine about. Lots of girls like to say that 4 letter word and lots say stuff about their marriage that should be private and I know I shouldn't but I find it really entertaining. The most recent post that I saw cause I blocked it from my news feeds cause they bug me was "Military wives vs Military Girlfriends" Now I know crazy wives, and I know crazy girlfriends. BUT I know amazing wives, and amazing girlfriends. I don't think that one relationship should be based on if you are married or not. I know girls who are just as commited to their mans then I am to mine, yet I know wives that are shady too. I think it depends on your situation and how you deal with a relationship.
So I read through some of what these girls had to say and the Girlfriends side was: Marriage is just a piece of paper, and a wedding ring is just a piece of jewelry. The wives side was: I made the ultimate commitment to my husband and a boyfriend and girlfriend can just split up and not have to do a divorce.
I would just like to say HELLO not everyone is just like you!! Relationships are different for everyone! I can see where the wives think they are better but lets be honest if there is some great girl who is just a girlfriend treating her boyfriend with the utmost respect, waiting, and writing, and sending packages then they have made a commitment to each other. And for those wives that think that when a boyfriend/girlfriend split it doesn't affect them you are sooo freaking wrong. And I dunno but I heard that husbands/wives can get divorced so no one is safe. Now I was offended by what the girlfriends said. Marriage is NOT just a piece of paper. I made vows that day to promise him that I will be his wife forever. Some people see marriage as "Well if it doesn't work I can always get a divorce" What kind of thinking is that first off? When I said "to have and to hold in sickness and in health for richer or poorer" or whatever I said I do to I made a commitment. Not one that if it doesn't work out I can just opt for divorce. I went into this marriage knowing that awful D word isn't even added to our vocabulary. This isn't just a for fun marriage. I plan on being married for life, and I plan on enjoying it and being incredibly happy for the whole thing. If you go into a marriage thinking that D word is always a way out, well I pray for you and your husband. The wedding ring is the promise of commitment. I wear it every day to remind others that I am taken, I wear it to remind myself that I made a commitment to a man I love. It's NOT just a piece of jewelry.
I think this whole debate is dumb as rocks. My relationship to my husband compaired to another married couple could be like apples are to oranges. Same goes for any commited boyfriend and girlfriend. No one has the right to say "well you're just the girlfriend" or "well marriage is just a piece of paper." Next person to say either of those things I am just going to punch square in the face!!!

I completely agree. The category is too broad to make comparisons and even if it was more narrow, no 2 relationships are the same.
ReplyDeletehaha did you see my blog rant about "just a piece of paper"? We can smack people together lol
ReplyDelete