So I have had such a wonderful day today that I noticed my blog was not showing the love. I am going to blog about the things that make me the MOST happy of all.
1. HUBBY! What did you think!? I got 2 phone calls today and it was just what I needed. When I found something very exciting I wanted to call him and tell him how excited I was. You don't realize how nice it is to be able to just pick up a phone and call someone when all of a sudden you can't do that anymore. We got some good conversation in and talked about some important stuff and good things to look forward too. I love love LOVE hearing him laugh. It almost sounds like he is only down the road when instead he is sitting up at 3 in the morning in Afghanistan on watch and takes time out to give me a call.5. FRO for those of you who don't know what that is he is the Family Readiness Officer. He is the dude who keeps us updated on our husbands as much as possible and as much as he is allowed. I don't know much of what Dave does but I have seen lots of pictures from his company and they kind of give me an idea of what it could be like over there. I will never know what it is like and I don't ever want to but I am so happy he is around to keep us updated. We also got an email on when to stop sending mail which is awesome because that means that they will be home soon cause mail takes too long to get there. It's a beautiful thing.

6. Sat Phones... well most of the time. That is really the only means of communication between Dave and I. He told me that letters wont come because he is nervous about handing it to someone and who knows if they will even take it to the right place to send it. I know others have got letters but I am content with not getting any.... as long as I can hear his voice and he can still get my letters we will be okay. I do however do not like the Sat Phones when they loose the connection and the guy comes on and says "We are sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed hang up and try your call again" If I could reach through the phone and strangle him I SOOO would. And don't call back because you will get the woman who says "Aloha" UUUGH (they are on my hit list)

7. Flat rate boxes. I wish they were just that much bigger but they fix an alarming amount of stuff in them and I got 3 all ready for Dave's birthday which is in a MONTH. He is going to be so excited I got him some great stuff and I can't wait to get those boxes going!!

8. My FAMILY. This includes Mom, Dad, In-Laws, Grandmas, Grandpas, Sister in laws, Brother in law, Niece, and Nephews. I never thought that I would spend more time with my family than my friends while I was here in Utah. But I am sooo very blessed to have such a great family that I get along with so well on both sides that I can count on for anything. This is to my Aunt's and Uncles and Cousins too. Family is really the best and I am glad we are all so close by to be with each other when ever I am feeling a moment of weakness.

9. AT&T I always hear such bad things about their network, and people never having service... I have NEVER not had service... I mean if I go in the canyon yes I won't have service but I usually have at least one bar when others don't have any. I love my blackberry and I love that it is hooked to my email so I can receive FRO updates as soon as they come. I love everything about this phone and the network. Thank you for never letting me miss a phone call from my Hubby! And the 15% discount for military is pretty awesome too.
10. Sue and Jim Griggs. Dave's parents have always been awesome, but I am so thankful for them at times like this. Jim was in the Army when they first got married and went through a lot of what Dave and I would go through. They moved farther away at a time where technology was not at it's finest and Jim went back in 04 to Iraq. He know's what it is like and I am so thankful that Dave has someone to talk to about these things. I am thankful that Jim knows what he is talking about when he says keep your head low and feet moving... or something like that. They both walked the line on this one and I am thankful that he and Dave have each other to talk to about all of this one day. And Sue is a great listener and reminds me to be a little nicer to people who ask dumb questions. She still gets dumb questions about Dave too and she tries to take it with a grain of salt.
11. Donut of Misery. It is an excel program made my military members or wives I forgot but you put in the time your military member left and when he should be back and it is a ring that says "50 done 50 more to go" or how ever much is left. I did not like that stupid donut for a long time but it's starting to say more done and less to go and I sort of like it now.
12. Dave's job is NOT some cushy life style and they don't get paid enough. BUT we have made enough to buy a car without having a payment and it is so nice. To know that car is mine and already paid off is great. I am thankful for at least that... I would be even MORE thankful if he wasn't in harms way and we had money to blow out our asses but we don't and I am thankful the amount we do have even if it's not a lot it's still good enough for this newly married couple.
13. South Park Studios. I stay up far to late watching old South Park episodes. I think I have seen all of them... I don't like Towelie or Hankey the christmas poo but other than those couple episodes I have seen them all. I laugh at loud still and I can't wait to have Dave home to watch them with me. South Park is the best show ever!
14. Lost. It sure takes up time watching it and I love that my mom and dad are watching it with me all over. I forgot a lot of stuff we have been watching but I am glad I have someone to re watch everything with me. Dave is gonna have to catch up when he comes home and finish the last season with me. I think he is excited.
15. Free Health Care. I haven't changed my health care here in Utah but as soon as I get back to Cali I plan on getting all the things I need checked out done. It's nice that I don't have to pay for anything health care wise on base. Also I got my teeth fixed well that little white spot removed from my teeth. It looks great and I smile with confidence now and TriCare took care of 200 bucks of it... which leaves me with paying only 100 bucks. It's pretty radical that it's so cheap I was expecting them not to pay for it. So it was a pretty big relief that I don't have to pay it full.
16. Payton, Kitty, and Darwin. They brighten my mood and make me laugh out loud at times. These balls of fluff we live with are great to have and I think everyone should have a pet that will listen to them and make them laugh.
17. Weight loss. When I moved home I think I weighted somewhere near 175 I was not looking at a scale ever so I dunno for sure. I made myself sick that I had to go buy a size up from my usual jeans and my shirts didn't fit right and I had rolls going everywhere. For my height that is a LOT of weight for me. Since coming home I have weighted myself and I am in the 150 area. It's soo great to look in the mirror and not see double chin every day. To not have muffin top going over my already size bigger jeans. I even tried on my old jeans since and they fit... still a bit tight but I still have a ways to go. I can't wait to retire my size 10 jeans to anywhere. The fire pit might work the best cause I NEVER EVER EVER will get that big again. Dave and I are pretty determined to keep this up. Bowflex body here we come!
18.Facebook.. I KNOW I think I am here almost all day every day. It will change when the Dave comes home but until then thank you for keeping me busy with all you have to offer.
19. MVF if you don't know what that means it means Man Vs Food. I LOVE this show. I record it so I can go back and watch them over again. I love looking at food. I would love to eat at most the places he goes but I would get back to 175 and that isn't cute. (haha) but I would like to go to some of the places he has been to try them. All of them look soooo good and I want to go to some of them one day.
20. Internet. If it wasn't for it I could not look online at the apartments in which I might move into in only 34 days. It really is helpful being able to get a map to see all these places and where and when I can go look at them and emails in which I can use to set up appointments to see these apartments. I am going to go apartment hunting with my Mom to San clemente/dana point area September 14 to the 17th. It should be a good time. Wish us luck.
That's all I got for now but I think that explains my happiness pretty much to a T. Missing my Dave but happy at our future ahead of us.








Heather! I love this post so so much! I think you are awesome for finding so many things to be thankful for in a tough situation. I seriously want to do a post just like this...hmmm...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you have support from so many people...your parents and my parents especially! So glad you are a part of our family!
I can't wait to get Lost Season 6 this week! Woo Hoo!
I love you Hea!! You are a strong women with many who love you and Dave! Hang Tough :)
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDelete