December 12, 2009

I am the grinch.

So anyone in my family would say I am not the most fun to be around on Christmas... I believe the last 2 years in a row I have just been quiet and not very fun or happy on Christmas... maybe it's just me being quiet and hopefully they don't even notice...but I am just going to say I am THE grinch at christmas time.
I truly dislike the music that plays at christmas... it doesn't make me in a good mood or cheery...just reminds me that I have to buy a bunch of presents and that spending is going to be just a bit tighter than it was a month ago.
Now this year... doesn't even feel like the holidays. It's raining and hardly anyone has lights up... I only have a few in my window. I also have an Advent calender because that was my favorite part every year eating a chocolate every morning. I think I just get stressed over the holidays. I don't know what to get anyone and no one ever seems especially rude during the christmas season. I always thought that Christmas was too comercialized. It's amazing when you're a kid and Santa is real and you make yummy cookies and carrots for the reindeer. The house is decorated and all the family togetherness and food.. But once you grow up I feel like the magic looses it's luster. Everything about christmas is somewhat of a sham... Businesses making more of a profit while lesser people go broke buying everything their kid asks for. Now don't get me wrong I am going to try my best around christmas when I have kids...but until then I am always going to be sour because I just don't know how to act.

As a Christmas gift to my family and friends I am going to try real super hard this year to stay positive... Let's hope it works :)

1 comment:

  1. The magic of Christmas is in your heart!

    If you are the grinch remember what happens in the end his heart grows and he know it doesn't come from a store. He knows it means a little bit more. "Christ" is the reason for the season. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete