November 15, 2009

Marine corps 234 Birthday Ball

Let's just say happy birthday Marines...hoorah.
Dave and I got ready and oh did he look good in that uniform :)

We drove up to Huntington Beach at the Hyatt hotel with Mr and Mrs Baby cole
The tickets were 35 dollars each the food was Ok but not worth that much. They chose where they wanted to sit within their unit and they re arranged everyone so we all sat in different locations. The bar which they said would be free was very much NOT free...but Dave enjoyed it anyways. The ceremony was a half hour late...but it was the funnest Marine corps thing I will ever attend. I loved dressing up and Dave liked my extensions even though he told me they "smell fake" We got to take some cool thermos mugs home with us with the "Thundering Third Battalion First Marines Logo on it. I didn't know this but this Battalion is the BALLS OF THE CORPS. Pretty badass right? The ceremony made me stop and look at my husband... MY husband is a United States Marine... The few and the proud... One of the few good men. He is going to be going through a very hard deployment coming up and I will stand by him and behind him while he is fighting for our freedom. He is my best friend and I couldn't be MORE proud of him and what he does. I love my marine til the day I die.
After the ceremony Dave would get 2 beers "two for each hand" every time I looked around. They got a lil stupid in the car ride home and it was really funny to have Mr Baby Cole and Dave be a lil tipsy. Mrs Baby Cole and myself were in pain from our high heels and tucked and taped and strapped to our gowns.... No dancing for us we hung out with the guys.
It was all really fun and I enjoyed meeting the guys Dave works with. It was the most fun to see some of the girls who dressed...badly and looked...badly haha. One girl was wearing a cape and Dave said "What in the harry potter is that?" We had a lot of fun laughing at others and the car ride home where they both had to pee... they shouldn't have drank so much then :)
Fun times at the Ballin 2009

3 comments:

  1. You both look great!! It looks like a good time was had my all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked so beautiful! I'm glad that you had a good time:)

    When does Dave's deployment start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. he'll probably deploy around april or may

    ReplyDelete