September 12, 2009

Under-estimated us.



8 years ago I was in 7th grade thinking I was the most awesome thing that walked the planet..(I had started growing boobs. Obviously) I didn't grasp what was going on, and why it was such a big deal what was going on tv. Until I got to school and my teacher was in tears, a state of shock. I never seen anyone be so heart-broken. I found out later that she had friends that worked in the world trade center and most likely were there that day.
I didn't really watch what was happening on T.V. I chose to focus more upon myself and I truly regret it. I was only 13 so I don't know why I was expected to act differently.
Today I can't believe 8 years have passed and I wish that I could have paid more attention to what was going on that time of my life. It has made such a HUGE impact on where I am in my life. I never thought in a million years I would be married to a marine who was going to go to Afganistan to fight the people who did this to our country. He is so brave and I know there are many brave people out there. It is for the men and women who are willing to saccarifice so much for the USA's freedom. We are truly blessed to have such courageous people to stand and fight.
Today just take a moment of your time to watch this video at the top. It made the hairs on the back of my neck prickle like you're watching someone fight for something that is important or watching someone important to you make a right choice. It just makes you proud of what our nation is.
Land of the free, home of the brave, In god we trust.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that!!! I got that email at work and I think I sent it to you. I'm glad you posted it :) I like your new blog decorations it's cute. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new look for your blog!
    I can't believe that you were in 7th grade. That really makes me feel old. I was a sophomore at BYU! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction. I was a junior! Even worse! Oh, to be young again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha wow... we are really at an age difference... age is just a number though.

    ReplyDelete