August 21, 2009

It is NOT hard.

Dear friends...I am about to start sharing my opinion on marriage... if you don't wanna hear what I have to say you best just stop reading this now. I just watched this video.

If you have time to watch it cool, if not I'll explain what is going on. This show is called True Life and follows 3 military wives going through the same things I will be going through.
The Blonde just got married to her marine and he deployed not 3 days later. She was very supportive for the rest of the show and seems very dedicated (She gets 5 gold stars in my book.)
The Hawaiian married to an army dude, doesn't have a job and not going to school and going out to clubs and feeling since he isn't home she gets to be single. She also dreaded the fact that he was coming home... are you serious?? He's your husband not just some dude! (Negative 5 starts...bitch)
The short-haired burnette has a 10 month old child. She and her husband were in the army and now she resents him for going to iraq when it was her dream and continues to fight with him about how she is having it worse home with the baby. (Negative 5 stars as well)
NOW I am certainly not an expert and I know I have only been married for 4 months, but I dated him while he was deployed to Japan. I know what it felt like when he left and I know it's only going to be harder for this next deployment coming this spring, but when has it been OK to treat him as someone so expendable that you don't even know if you want him to come home. Especially while he was out there fighting for all of our freedom as well as your own, also providing MONEY for your supid ass to go play with. Combat zones are scary and she acted as if she didn't even appreciate anything he has done for her.
Men are simple they want to provide for their loved ones they just need the smallest of reassurance to feel the love back. KISS him when he comes home, Keep his home clean, Warm meals are also a plus. I read Dr Larua's book the proper care and feeding of husbands and like I said I am NOT an expert, but does respect mean nothing anymore?
The things I have come to realize in a relationship that is the KEY is COMMUNICATION. Men cannot read thoughts they just know provide and love your woman and family. (Unless he's a douch bag who wants to feed off you in that case leave him) Men don't need to know every detail of your day but they do want to hear about it. They don't want you to nag them and bug them like their mothers did when they wanted them to do their homework. They want you to respect them and asking nicely helps. If they do something that you asked, (example: Do the dishes, vaccume, sweep) Don't breath down their necks and show them HOW YOU DO IT. If you were gonna do that you might as well do it yourself. Don't critisize them for what they do help with cause why would they want to do it again?
Look all I am saying is be good to each other, talk, respect each other and the difference between a man and a woman. And PICK your battles. I cannot tell you how many times I stop myself from about to argue with Dave about something then realize that tomorrow it's probably not going to make a difference.
I am so thankful that Dave and I have figured out these things and we work towards them daily. Dave isn't around as often as I would like but this life style wont last forever. I know this and so does he. This next deployment is going to be a hard one but I know that we will get through it with the strength in each other. He means the world to me and this is what I can do to show him how much I care. He's my best friend and I would never betray the trust we have for anything in the world. I cannot wait til the marine corps gives me the DEED to his balls but until that time. I live my life as a Marine corps wife. Semper FI


2 comments:

  1. I wish everyone felt like that. Maybe we wouldn't have so much cheating and divorce if people would just have respect for one another.

    ReplyDelete