I wonder if you know that I am a Day Maker. Its true I have seen it. It says so on my Paul mitchell the schools future professional name badge. I didn't really understand what that was supposed to mean for the longest time. I usually referenced it to being part of going to Day school. Well it's got nothing to do with it.
I am seriously so proud going to Paul Mitchell the School, it's such an amazing culture, that I can't imagine going anywhere else. At Caper one of my favorite motivational speakers, Giulio Veglio, pulled out a 100$ bill and crinkled it up and asked us who still wanted it, we all raised out hands, he then threw it on the ground and smooshed it, asked again and we all said we wanted it, he then spat on it and asked if we still wanted it and of course we said yes. He then proceeded to say we are that 100 dollar bill, that no matter what happens to us if we are smooshed up, or crumpled, or spat on we are still valuable, we will never loose our value, just because someone steps on us. To me that was an amazing speech, I forget sometimes that my value doesn't decrease just because someone has stepped on me or made me feel badly, and I am glad he reminded me, I remind myself every day.
A day maker is someone who makes someone elses day. Remember me posting about National free hug day, well we wanted to make someone's day, and we may have creeped out a couple college students but I saw several people get a genuine hug and left smiling. I am sure they went home and told their friends or family that they got a hug from a random stranger today, and in some way it made their day.
I see it all the time while taking guests at the school, how some ladies (mostly ladies but some men too) come in very soft spoken or looking down or away or upset about their hair, and I get to talk to them and listen and help with problem areas and when they leave with a beautiful style, and colored locks, or a few inches less of hair I can see what a difference I have personally made in their day. It's amazing and puts a lump in my throat thinking about it. I am blessed to know I have the power to make someones day just a little brighter.
Another thing about Paul Mitchell is the picture above, the one size fits all, it's so true how anyone from any background or culture can come in to the school and fit in and we are all a weird, disfunctional but loving paul mitchell family. I love going to the school and interacting with the learning leaders and the future professionals all on the same level, we are all still learning and it makes me happy to be apart of it.
I'm a bit overly emotional about the school today because of women things I suspect, but I just cant begin to describe the joy I get being at the school, or how lucky I am to have this culture in my life where I feel so loved by the people there. Thank you Paul Mitchell for putting something so beautiful into my life and letting me share that with everyone around me. I hope I can make your day.


I loved that school so much! This post definitely makes me miss it! And you will always be close with your Paul Mitchell family :) I'm so glad you are one of the FP's that actually cares and loves it there! I knew so many who just sat around and drained the time clock. It really is an awesome experience!
ReplyDeleteHeather, I really think you're awesome. I think it says a lot about you that you take value in making people feel better about themselves. You're a good example to me, and I'm going to try to do that more now, too!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! I love that you love your school so much...I definitely can't say the same about my school. Not yet anyway. I think you have the exact right personality to me a costmetologist. I know for sure that you've made my day more than one! Love ya H!
ReplyDelete