October 8, 2010

I am just a military house wife.

I have a jumble of thoughts tonight...stay with me it is gonna get crazy and if I switch topics mid topic... roll with it.
I have been in my new apartment for about a week now.. it's nice... getting clean I'll post pictures when it's done. Until then you'll have to wait in agony. I didn't realize how much I truly hate unpacking until I had to do it again for the 2nd time this year. I get to pack up and unpack again next august and hopefully get to pack and unpack again a year later. Boo.
Thank god I have a cat. I feel that because I own a cat, that dog people don't take me seriously for a pet owner. My cat acts more than a dog than some dogs... Darwin is just more convenient to leave at home for a day without worrying about accidents on my carpet. However he does get grouchy with me when I am gone all day long cause he misses me, and he misses the hand that feeds him. (He doesn't so much miss me.. if he could get to the food himself I think he would be okay, but he would weigh 45 lbs.)
I currently miss the gang of girls who aren't living here. I hate that Mrs. Baby is a 24 hour drive away and that Lil Amy and Stacia are about 4 states over. Thank god Stacia visits regularly :) [Hi Stacia, you're in the same state as me and Michelle right now... that's pretty awesome] I don't a lot of people from Utah but I do miss my mom and dad and my other family and some close friends. [Miss you guys]
I currently have a massive to do list and all of those do not include going out and playing every night, it also does not include being lazy all day and sleeping in until noon. However I surely wish it had all of the above. I feel like right now I have so much time on my hands but I will be singing a different tune in about 2 weeks when I have only 2 or 3 things checked off my list. Shoot I don't even have a list... first thing on my list is to make a list.
I am feeling blah... no reason other than I don't have my husband home. I truly and honestly apologies for this in advance but if you have posted anything sweet or loving about having your husband home and how much you love him and/or how sweet he is blah blah blah... I think I might have blocked you on facebook. Don't worry you'll be unblocked in a few weeks but I just didn't want to see it right now. Sorry. I swear it's just a phase.
PS I don't have a college degree, or a high paying job. I am a house wife working any part time job thrown my way. I do everything in my power to make my husband's life a little easier, and ya know what, that is exactly the way I want it. The choices I have made lead me here where I am now. I have an amazing man and I live a fairy tale life for the moment. Let me have my fun... and when I get back to reality I will work on that school thing. Don't judge until you have walked in my shoes.
Cooking for one is depressing... I'm going to invite people over to cook for so I can touch up on my cooking skills. As of April my "house wife mode" went off... and I think the starter is broken so I need to fix this in a matter of weeks.
Other than a few of the girls from 3/1 wives, the "friends" here are flake-y too. Lame.
Selling stuff on Camppendletonyardsales.com include a fryer, a set of dishes, and a tv. Nice stuff but guess which one I have been bugged about the most... Deep fryer. Good thing Michelle wants it so I don't have to travel far and she can now cook me fried foods until I start my diet.
Speaking of diet, I like my scale cause I think it lied to me this morning. I love the way it lies. But seriously I need to get back into the gym... that's only a couple footsteps away from my room. Not a big deal but waking up to go in the morning sucks.
Hmmm... I hate bugs here, and I hate that flee's can live here... Utah doesn't have a flee problem cause flee's hate the cold weather... I need cold weather in California please.

I'm done rambling.

1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed, I'm here muffin! Loves you lots. I know moving hasn't been easy, but it will be worth it. Dave will be home before you know it, and until then I'll visit lots and lots.

    ReplyDelete