So last night was great up until my car broke down.
Last night was Taco tuesday and these taco's were sooooo good. I was with Michelle and Sarah and we watched American Idol after. It was all great and driving home was a nightmare. I fueled up and started driving and my car's lights started turning on and off... like blinking at me. I mean all the lights.. The fuel low light the buckle seatbelt light and the check engine light. The blinkers stopped working and then my car slowed down for a stop sign and it didn't go right away even though it was floored. It sort of lurched forward and I freaked out. I called Sarah who was about 10 minutes ahead of me. When my car died in the middle of the intersection....Shit.
Sarah called Michelle I tried to call Geico.. .and I was clueless on how I am supposed get my car out of the intersection by myself and the hazzards wouldn't even turn on. Some very very nice people hoped out from behind me to help me move the vehicle. We got her jumped but it didn't stay on for more than 2 minutes. Michelle drove down to help me out.
Here's my mentality right before someone showed up to help me. My husband is in a field several cities away. Sarah is 10 minutes ahead of me already on a freeway. I am going to get hit by a car sitting in this intersection...should I get out and run across or stay and wave people around me? How am I going to get home to my cat. Where can I leave the car? What am I possibly going to do for work. Who is even here for me? I have family close by but it's almost midnight...would they even answer their phones?
Thank the lord when those nice people helped me out (Phil and Kathy) They were so great taking 25 minutes out to help me and Thank you sarah for calling michelle... Thanks michelle for answering. THANK YOU for letting me place my car there and give me a ride home. I truly have some great friends. Please disregard anything I have said about my friends in California because I was 102% wrong. I don't have a clue what I would have done without you both. Probably gone bankrupt getting my car towed to Fallbrook. Even though the tow truck was still rape it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Michelle thank you for your words of wisdom "It could always be worse." It's true. I am very thankful for friends who are there for me when my husband cannot be. I am thankful for family...my mom for answering and trying to figure out what we can do for me to get to work..even though that's a bust. Helping me every way possible. Thank you grandpa for skimming through nevada to come to California quicker to help your grandbaby out in a time of need. I am so thankful that you are coming this week. It's truly a blessing in disguise that my car broke down Tuesday. At least I was close to a friend. It wasn't raining. My grandpa is on his way. My friends are truly amazing. My mom is so great talking to me and gives me such great advice for the future and thoughts I wouldn't have even taken a second to look at before are now starting to ring a bell.
NOW hopefully I can get my car looked at into a mechanic... thinking it's the batterie or an alternater or wiring or both or all three. I don't know how much it is but thank the lord we have money in savings in time of need such as this.
Dave I miss you, I wish you were here.
If you haven't heard the song "find out who your friends are" by Tracey Lawrence you should because that's how I felt last night and I did.
I can't thank you enough...

there would never be a rainbow if we didn't have any rain. :) things could ALWAYS be worse, but as long as we can focus on the positive things our crappy situations may not seem so bad in the grand scheme of life. i truly believe that everything happens for a reason (even if we might not understand it at the time). When driving down the road of life (haha, fitting don't ya think?), rarely do we know how good we have it, until we see it in the rear-view mirror. Which is not to suggest that you should look back now, but to remind you that where you are today is more awesome and amazing than you probably realize. :)
ReplyDeleteShould you choose to go, do, and be, Heather, at the end of your life, shocked and dismayed, you'll likely exclaim that because of all the uncanny events, wild timing, weird coincidences, and sheer chance encounters, all of your life's good fortune must have been your destiny.
Or, should you choose to wait, wish, and hope, at the end of your life, shocked and dismayed, you'll likely exclaim that because of all the uncanny events, wild timing, weird coincidences, and sheer chance encounters, all of your life's bad luck must have been your destiny. Do you see what the difference is?
One day it will all be a distant memory, yet I can tell you now, with the supreme confidence, that you'll look back on this life and be so flush with love and admiration for yourself, your journey, and who it made you, that you'll wonder, as I do now, how it could possibly have escaped you then.
HAPPY THOUGHTS. :) and ps- as of today we're 50% of the way to having our boys home again.
ahhh you poor thing! I couldn't imagine how scary that would be. So what's wrong with your car, has it been fixed yet? I am sorry Heather! If I were there I would have came and got you! :) Loves cutie!
ReplyDeleteIf anything these are life lessons. You will grown from this and if it happens again you will know what to do. Awsome words from Michelle. I got a little weepy.
ReplyDeletethanks and it was scary but thankfully i have made some real good friends in cali who are willing to help in a time of need :)
ReplyDeleteGrrrr! Car trouble makes me sososo mad! It sounds like you are being really positive about it though. You rock!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you have good friends and that there are nice people in Cali who are willing to help you out!