January 2, 2010

Flashback 2.0.0.9

So I saw a bunch of people reminiscing on what 2009 held for them and I would like to do the same since 2009 was one of the best years I have had in some time...well here it goes

January 2009-Dave came home from a long deployment to Japan. (BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE TO DATE)

Febuary 2009-Celebrated Valentines day with Dave and got my promise ring/wedding ring.

March 2009-Turned 20 on the 8th and visited Camp Pendleton the weekend after and got proposed to on San Clemente's beach.

April 2009-Married my Marine and best friend in a courthouse on the 16th...and NO I wouldn't change a thing!

May 2009-Had a beautiful wedding reception for close friends and family members.

June 2009-Moved to California to live with my husband... Finally :)

July 2009-Spent my 2nd fourth of July with my David and started life as a marine corps wife.

August 2009-Met a lot a great wives to keep me company while Dave was gone to Bridgeport. My mom came out to visit me and we went to Disneyland and all those fun places Cali has to offer.

September 2009-Lots of Dave being gone but got a job to occupy me. I believe we went to the Tool concert this month too.

October 2009-Went home for a week to visit my family and friends and discovered I left my all time best friend and husband home and it sucked...wont do that again until I have to.

November 2009-Cooked my very own Thanksgiving meal and glad to say that it was actually pretty delicious. Dave took me to a really pretty place overlooking the ocean...even though it was cold we watched the sun go down and it was pretty romantic. :)

December 2009-Got to spend a week with my cute husband in Utah with our family. I look forward to doing that once we are out of the Marines for good. It was one of the best weeks with David by far...all though all the weeks with him are wonderful it was just great to have everyone there together.

--------------------------------------


That was my 2009 and Coming into the year 2010 I have a long deployment in my way... but I am going to try and make the best of it and focus on loosing some weight getting in shape and going to some school. I have my first year anniversary coming up in april and we will see where we are...cross your fingers that the men don't leave until after that date but...it is the marine corps we are talking about and they're known to be unpredictable. I hope you all had a great new year and remember for those who have a spouse to always appreciate them and love them.

By the way if you didn't read my last post I have a second blog up for my countdown...of this deployment. Hope you check it out and follow up on it.
deploymentsurvivorheather.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great year! With many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome year! i love your blog! you guys are so cute! good luck with the upcoming deployment :( You are an amazing woman/wife. i look up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Last year was life changing for you, for sure! I am so glad that you are part of our family now:) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete